Gold Elution Heating Systems
Applied Heat has a speciality section for the design and manufacture of its famous THERMOMAT thermal oil heating system specifically for gold elution heating systems.
With over 90 such systems produced to date for mines all over the world, modern systems using CIP processes will make use of the oil as a heating medium for the extraction of gold via electro-winning.
The proper design of such a system is key to the consistent production of gold, especially with most users operating on a 24/7 basis.
The Applied Heat system uses circulating thermal oil, which is heated up via the THERMOMAT heater at temperatures anywhere up to 300ºC, This stream is directed via a shell and tube heat exchanger set where process fluid heat exchanger occurs.
Countries using THERMOMAT systems designed by Applied Heat include South Africa, Ghana, Mali, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso, Greenland, Russia, Eretria, Malaysia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Elution heating system manufacture
Applied Heat is the OEM for its heating systems. The THERMOMAT heater is 100% manufactured at the Johannesburg factory. The use of thermal oil allows for numerous operational advantages over other types of heating media, and is offered in diesel / gas / heavy oil fired or electric formats. Heaters are rugged, simple to operate and durable, with life-spans up to 20 years and over.
Heaters can be offered pre-assembled on skids, along with pumps, expansion systems, valves and heat exchangers, to be supplied as a complete heating module that is ready to operate. Pre-assembled skids are increasingly common and reduce site work and related technical and cost hurdles.
Products offered include:
- Thermal oil heaters – diesel / gas / heavy oil fired or electrically heated THERMOMAT units (sized from 18kW to 2,500kW per unit)
- Hot water systems can also be used – Applied Heat’s AQUAMAT systems may be applied too.
- All related ancillary items: pumps, expansion and deaeration systems, high-temperature valves.
- Elution circuit heat exchangers – shell and tube or plate and frame for primary / recovery and tertiary users on the heating circuits.
- Manufacture and supply of all spares for our systems
- Elution heating system maintenance
- Applied Heat offers site commissioning and service expertise